Follow us on Facebook Food special Page
Beef nihari is really a very delicious and unique Beef recipe that contains thick curry respective to other curry recipes. The word nihari is actually an Arabic word that means “morning”. It was very like among nawabs in the Mughal Empire. But now it is one of the best continental foods of India, where people serve it in Morning breakfast. It is famous in Lahore Pakistan also, people from Lahore consider their breakfast incomplete without nihari or pay a curry. This recipe is usually made of a few ingredients like cinnamon, coriander, cumin, cardamom, hot spices powder, ginger garlic paste, and some more aromatic and taste grooming ingredients. It is recommended to use fat-containing bones and big chunks of meat also, this kind of meat gives a really pleasant texture and taste to nihari.
On this Eid stay with us and enjoy making this delicious and amazing nihari!
And don’t forget to share the results with us!
Make sure the following ingredients are available then start cooking:
Beef: 1kg (big chunks and fat-containing bones)
Flour: ¼ cup (mix with some water and make sure that it is a smooth paste)
Cinnamon stick: 1inch
Cardamom pods: 2
Hot spices powder: 1tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1tsp
Chili powder: 1tsp
Yogurt: ½ cup
Nutmeg: a pinch
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Bay leaves: 2-3
Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
Oil/ghee: ½ cup
Fennel seeds: 1tbsp
Green chilies: 2-3 (for garnishing)
Lemon: 2-3(for garnishing)
Coriander leaves and ginger strips: for garnishing
Brown onion: as required
- Wash the meat well and remain aside to dry.
- Combine all the spices add salt as required also, heat ¼ cup of oil in a skillet, and add all spices to it.
- Add Beef and fry for 10 minutes. A nice aroma comes out and the Beef turns light brown.
- Add 4 cups of water, bring to a boil and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add the paste made with flour slowly and stir continuously while adding it.
- Cook at least for 10 minutes on low heat, the curry turns thick and creamy.
- Heat ¼ cup of oil in a frying pan, and fry some ginger strips in it until ginger turns aromatic.
- Pour the fried ginger on the nihari along with the oil and dish it out on a serving plate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, and green chilies, squeeze lemon drops on it, sprinkle fried onion and serve hot this amazing nihari.
- Read more Eid al-Adha special Recipes