Beef Shami kabab is one of the most famous traditional recipes in the sub-continent. These kababs taste very unique and delicious. If you want to have some appetizer full of protein and energy then this is the best option for you. You can make and freeze them in the refrigerator for some days or more. Chickpeas lentil and meat make a complete pack of nutrition. Shami kabab is also an essential item for Shami burgers in Pakistan and India. These can be served with rice, chapati, or only with raita.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients first!
- Chickpea lentil: 250 gm
- Potatoes: 250 gm
- Beef Mince: 1kg
- Chili powder: 1tsp
- Salt: as required
- Coriander powder:1tsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Green chili paste: 1tsp
- Hot spices powder: ½ tsp
- Dried Pomegranate seeds: 1tsp (crushed)
- Green coriander: ½ cup (chopper)
- Oil: for frying
- Eggs: 2
- Cook meat mince and lentil along with all spices until both are tender well.
- Boil and peel potatoes. Mash potatoes into a smooth batter with a potato masher or with the help of our hands.
- When the lentil and mince mixture is cooled down, put it in a chopper and grind to a smooth mixture. Add green chili paste also.
- Combine both potato and mince mixture and mix well with your hands. Keep mixing until the mixture is well and smooth.
- Now start making round patties with the mixture. Moist your hands with little water and make a round flat Pattie by taking a small portion of the mixture.
- Make all patties this way, beat an egg with some salt and chili powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, dip the patties in beaten egg, and put in oil slightly for frying.
- Shallow fry them from both sides and serve hot.
Follow us on Facebook Food special Page