Follow us on Facebook Food special Page
Preparation time: 3 hours
Mutton Paya is one of the most famous traditional recipes among non-vegetarians in Pakistan and India. This recipe originates from Hyderabad, later it gained fame in Punjab and other regions in Pakistan and India. Lahore is famous for breakfast, Lahori people must eat Paya in their breakfast every day. Even breakfast is considered incomplete without Paya at Lahore. Mutton Paya is cooked with aromatic spices which bring a heavenly taste to its soup and makes trotters too tender and juicy. Serving this recipe in your breakfast or dinner will bring a very nice transformation to your meal routine.
Here we are going to share a mutton Paya recipe with very tasteful ingredients, you will surely like it. And if you are going to cook Paya with our recipe then don’t forget to share your food’s images with us in the comments section.
Let’s see the ingredients!
- Mutton trotters: 4 finely cleaned and break into medium pieces
- Onion: 3 mediums sliced
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tbsp
- Green chilies: 4-5
- Tomatoes: 3 mediums chopped
- Coriander leaves: chopped for garnishing
- Salt: as required
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Hot spices powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1tsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Thinly sliced ginger: for garnishing
- Wash trotters finely and put them in a large skillet. Add 5-6 cups of water and all the ingredients except coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Put the skillet on flame and bring it to a boil. This step is a little tricky.
- When it comes to a boil turn flame to medium-low and cover well your skillet.
- Leave for 2 hours on this flame, stir occasionally. (If you want to use a pressure cooker then add everything to the cooker and instead of 2 hours cook the trotters for 20 to 25 minutes in the pressure cooker.)
- Now see the soup should be dense and oily. Cook for 5 minutes on a high flame and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander, green chilies, and sliced garlic strips, and serve hot with naan or chapati.