Mutton Seekh kabab is one of the most famous traditional recipes among Pakistani and Indian people. Seekh is a word from Urdu which means skewer. These kababs are prepared in skewers, so they are called Seekh kabab in Pakistan. People like to serve it mostly at gatherings and occasions. These kababs contain aromatic spices and tasteful mutton mince with minced onion and ginger garlic paste. Any occasions and parties are considered incomplete without Seekh kabab in Pakistan because this is the best option which is grilled and hot roasted on burning coals. Seekh kabab becomes more aromatic if they are grilled or roasted on coal because a nice aroma absorbs them from coal smoke.
Let’s have a look at the simple ingredients!
- Mutton mince: 1kg
- Mutton fat: 200gm
- Onion: 2-3 minced
- Green chili paste: 2tbsp
- Flour: 4 tbsp
- Salt: as required
- Red chili powder: 1tsp
- Hot spices powder: 1tsp
- Kacheri powder/meat tenderizer: 2tsp
- Lemon juice: 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Skewers: as required
- Oil: as required
- Coriander leaves: ½ cup chopped
- Green chilies: 4-5 chopped
- First of all, wash the mutton mince and the fat pieces well and put them aside in a strainer to make them completely dry.
- Combine mutton mince, all spices, fat pieces, ginger garlic paste, salt, green chili paste, meat tenderizer, coriander leaves, green chilies chopped, and flour and grind in a chopper until it is a smooth and thick paste.
- Marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Take a small section of mince in your hands and make a long layer of it on a skewer by twisting mince with your hand around the skewer.
- Make prepare all skewers this way, lignite coal, and heat up the grill.
- Put the skewers on the grill and apply oil to them with a brush occasionally.
- Cook them turning occasionally until brown in color.
- Prepare all Seekh kababs this way and serve hot.
Follow us on Facebook Food special Page